Sunday, February 8, 2015

Micropolis Duplex Module

So I dove right in and started creating a full block, complex layout Micropolis module. [The micropolis standard can be found i the links.] The majority of the module was going to have a giant SNOT green area that was going to be a city park. It is just one of what I think are great ideas for some unusual modules. But as I am finding out, it isn’t easy to just dive right in.

So I decided that I am going to try to design some normal (¼ block sized) modules to get a better handle on the scale of micro building. I finished my first one, a duplex house with two vehicles in the front driveway, a couple of trees, and a trampoline in the backyard.

Pictures can be seen here.

So, there it is. My first Micropolis module. I would love to hear what you think about it, including any questions. I think I’m going to try my hand at designing at least one more ¼ block before moving to my ½ and full block designs. Pretty quick I am going to run out of the tiles needed for streets and sidewalks, and I’m sure that I will end up on BrickLink buying what I need.When I do that, I'm going to order up the pieces that will fix the one spot on this module that I think needs improvement. We’ll see how long the bricks I already own will last.


No comments:

Post a Comment